Suit filed in St. Clair County alleges man's cancer was caused by asbestos exposure

By Lhalie Castillo | Apr 15, 2018

BELLEVILLE — A man claims he was exposed to asbestos during his career.

BELLEVILLE — A man claims he was exposed to asbestos during his career. 

Henry Mitchell filed a complaint March 27 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against AAMCO Transmissions Inc., Buffalo Air Handling, 3M Co. and others alleging they failed to exercise due care and caution for the safety of others.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that while he was working, he was exposed to asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by the defendants. He also claims that he was exposed to the material through his mother, who worked at a clothing manufacturer, and his father, who was a painter. On April 12, 2016, he became aware he developed lung cancer and claims it is due to asbestos and is wrongfully caused. The plaintiff holds the defendants responsible because they allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when substitutes were available and failed to adequately warn and instruct about the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages of more than $50,000. He is represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 18-L-218

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

A3M Company AAMCO Transmissions Buffalo Air Handling Gori, Julian & Associates PC St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network