A woman has filed suit against the Maryville restaurant where she claims she sustained food poisoning after eating a pork sandwich.
Heather Kujawa claims she ate a pork sandwich at defendant B.S. Boogie’s Midwest on Oct. 5, 2012. Later that day, she began to experience abdominal discomfort, which was followed by diarrhea and vomiting, according to the complaint filed Aug. 22 in Madison County Circuit Court.
By Oct. 7, 2012, Kujawa was hospitalized at St. Anthony’s Hospital in St. Louis where she remained until Oct. 9, 2012. At the hospital, Kujawa was diagnosed with Shiga toxin and E. Coli, the suit states.
Because of her illness, Kujawa suffered severe pain and suffering, was prevented from attending to her usual duties and affairs and incurred medical costs, the complaint says.
Kujawa names B.S. Boogie’s as a defendant, saying it negligently sold an unreasonably dangerous sandwich that was contaminated with E. Coli.
In her complaint, Kujawa seeks a judgment of more than $100,000, plus punitive damages, attorneys’ fees, costs and other relief the court deems just.
Dominic Kujawa of Belleville will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-1416.