Madison - St. Clair Record

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Eden Retirement Center blamed for oxycodone overdose

By The Madison County Record | Feb 28, 2014


After a recently deceased man suffered from an oxycodone overdose, his family is laying blame for the event on the retirement center where the man lived.

Ruth Conway filed a lawsuit Feb. 13 in Madison County Circuit Court against Eden Retirement Center, doing business as Eden Village Care Center.

In her complaint, Ruth Conway alleges Marvin A. Conway was living at Eden Village in Glen Carbon when he died of respiratory arrest due to an oxycodone overdose on May 21, 2012. Because of Marvin Conway’s death, his estate incurred significant medical costs, according to the complaint.

Ruth Conway blames his death on the retirement center, saying employees negligently failed to properly notify Marvin Conway’s physician of his deteriorating condition, failed to properly develop written policies and failed to employ sufficient staff to provide adequate medical care, among other negligent acts.

Ruth Conway is seeking a judgment of more than $100,000, plus costs and other relief the court deems just. She is being represented by Robert H. Gregory of the Law Office of Robert H. Gregory in East Alton.

Madison County Circuit Court case number 14-L-243.

Want to get notified whenever we write about ?

Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.