Multidistrict litigation – sprawling cases sometimes involving thousands of plaintiffs from all over the country – now represents more than half of the civil caseload in federal courts, according to a new survey, yet defendants complain the rules governing them are largely judge-made and haphazardly enforced.
- Murder suspect Fields was offered leniency in exchange for implicating Duebbert in Silas murder, JIB filing says
- Fifth District affirms decisions allowing non-Illinois residents to litigate Essure claims in Madison County
- Worker seeks all information on mixing machine she alleges caused injury
- Summary judgment sought in suit preventing access to county financials; County board, treasurer discredit auditor’s ‘obsession’ with ongoing investigation
- Pritzker budget lifts cap on pension spiking
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Madison - St. Clair Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.