Madison - St. Clair Record

Monday, August 26, 2019

Tenants allege they were exposed to carbon monoxide in Redbud apartment

Lawsuits

By Carrie Bradon | Mar 12, 2019


BELLEVILLE — A Redbud family is suing a construction company, alleging they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their apartment.

Amanda Zimmerman and Eric Zimmerman, as parents and next friends of AZ and EZ, minors, and guardian of AS, filed a complaint Feb. 6 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against T. Fuller Construction Inc, Kay Wacker and Hugh Wacker, alleging negligence and failure to prevent personal injury .

According to the complaint, the plaintiffs were tenants at a property located on Main St. in Redbud. They claim they contacted the City of Redbud to complain about smelling gas at the property. The suit states on Dec. 21, 2017, the tenants were poisoned by high levels of carbon monoxide. 

The suit alleges the defendants were at fault for the gas in the home due to roofing work that they had completed at the property.  

The Zimmermans seek a jury trial, judgment in excess of $50,000, attorney fees and court costs. They are represented by attorney Gordon S. Johnson Jr. of Brian Injury Law Groups in Sheboygan, WI.

St. Clair County Circuit Court Case number 19-L-102.

Want to get notified whenever we write about St. Clair County Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about St. Clair County Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News