Arvinmeritor Inc. alleged to have failed to warn of asbestos dangers, daughter claims

By Noddy A. Fernandez | Sep 18, 2017

BELLEVILLE – A woman alleges her father's death from lung cancer was caused by his exposure to asbestos during his career.

BELLEVILLE – A woman alleges her father's death from lung cancer was caused by his exposure to asbestos during his career.

Erma Rodgers, individually and as special administrator of the estate of Echo Aaron Sr., deceased filed a complaint on Aug. 8 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against Arvinmeritor Inc., Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations Inc., Borg-Warner Morse Tec LLC, et al. alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, Erma Rodgers alleges that between 1953 and 1978, her father worked as laborer at various locations and was exposed to and inhaled, ingested or otherwise absorbed large amounts of asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by the defendants. His alleged exposure to asbestos caused him to develop lung cancer that led to his death on Feb. 2, the suit states. 

The plaintiff holds the defendants responsible because they allegedly failed to provide any or adequate warnings to persons working with and around the products of the dangers of inhaling, ingesting or otherwise absorbing the asbestos fibers in them.

The plaintiff seeks judgment for damages in an amount of more than $50,000. She is represented by Randy L. Gori and Barry Julian of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-431

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Gori, Julian & Associates PC St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network