The Madison County Democrats have partnered with law enforcement to arrange a softball tournament benefitting Collinsville officer Chris Warren following his cancer diagnosis.
The softball tournament will be held tomorrow at the Knights of Columbus Hall, located at 12454 State Rt. 143 in Highland.
There is a $10 entry fee for non-players, which includes free beer and soda.
Food will be available for purchase.
There will also be a silent auction.
Tournament organizers are no longer accepting team registration, but encourage people to donate and attend.
Warren has been with the Collinsville Police Department for10 years. He began his career with the Granite City Police Department auxiliary in 2001.
He has also worked with the Lebanon Police Department and the Highland Police Department.
Warren is a member of the Major Case Squad and Child Death Investigation Task Force.
Warren was diagnosed with lymphoblastic B cell leukemia in April, just days after he and his wife celebrated their first anniversary. Warren is married to assistant state’s attorney Kate Warren. She has been with the State’s Attorney’s Office since 2009.
He has received treatment at the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
Warren grew up in Granite City and went to Granite City High School.
He has coached football for the Troy Titans youth program since 2007.
The Warrens have two children, Burke, 17, and Campbell, 15.
Games may be sponsored for $250, which the championship game may be sponsored for $500. Tournament sponsorships include $750 for bronze,$1,000 for silver and $2,000 for gold.
The following is a list of tournament sponsors:
- Madison County Associate Judge Jennifer Hightower
- Madison County Circuit Judge Kyle Napp
- Madison County Associate Judge Neil Schroeder
- Madison County Circuit Judge Richard Tognarelli
- Madison County Associate Judge Sarah Smith
- Gori Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville
- Maune Raichle Hartley French & Mudd in St. Louis
- Marc Parker of Parker Law in Maryville
- Calvin Fuller Law Office of Granite City
- Fahrenkamp Law Offices in Edwardsville
- Galanti Law Offices in Bethalto
- The Lintz Law Firm in Alton
- Robert Elovitz Law Offices in Edwardsville
- Taliana Buckley & Asa in Edwardsville
- Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons
- Assistant State’s Attorney Rachelle Aud Crowe
- Kyle Deatherage Foundation
- Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn
- Madison County Circuit Clerk Mark Von Nida
- Madison County Sheriff John Lakin
- Collinsville Fire Department
- Alton PBPA Unit 14
- Carole Presson
- East Alton PBPA Unit 78
- Federation of Labor AFL-CIO
- Kelly Tracy Ad & Design
- Madison County PBPA Unit 118
- Randy Young
- The Buckley Family
- The Tony Luther Family