The estate of an Illinois man who died from mesothelioma filed an asbestos suit in Madison County Circuit Court, alleging his disease was wrongfully caused.
According to the complaint filed Aug. 15, Wilfred Korando was employed from 1954 through 2004 as a mechanic, washer and dryer maintenance man, and commercial window installer at various locations throughout Illinois.
During the course of his employment and during home and automotive repairs, Korando's estate claims he was exposed to and inhaled, ingested or otherwise absorbed asbestos fibers emanating from certain products he was working with and around.
Defendants in the case include Boeing, Chrysler, C.P. Hall, Ford Motor Company, General Electric, General Motors, Goodyear, Hawker Beechcraft, Ingersoll-Rand, International Paper, John Crane, Maytag, McDonnell Douglas, MetLife, Philips Electronics, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce and Whirlpool.
"The plaintiff's exposure and inhalation, ingestion or absorption of the asbestos fibers was completely foreseeable and could or should have been anticipated by the defendants," the complaint states.
Korando's estate states he died from his illness on Jan. 21, 2007, after a seven-month battle.
The estate is seeking damages in excess of $250,000.
John Barnerd and Amy Garrett of SimmonsCooper in East Alton represent Korando's estate.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Court Judge Daniel Stack.
08 L 724