Madison - St. Clair Record

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Charter and contractor sued for trip on exposed cable

By Steve Gonzalez | Mar 31, 2008

The mother of a boy injured when he tripped over a cable wire at home filed a personal injury suit against Charter Communications in St. Clair County Circuit March 26.

Venus Meeks claims her son Darion was injured on Feb. 27, 2007, when he tripped over a cable line that was installed at their home at 426 North Pearl in Lebanon.

Meeks claims an employee of co-defendant, Cavo Communications, installed the wiring for cable television the day before.

According to Meeks, Charter and Cavo breached their duty of care when they negligently failed to properly install the cable in a safe manner by leaving the main cable line exposed and unsecured in a main traffic way to the residence.

She also claims the defendants failed to ensure the cable was installed correctly, allowed and permitted an exposed cable line, failed to warn of the exposed line and failed to exercise reasonable care in maintaining and installing cable.

Meeks claims her son suffered injuries to his right knee, ankle and leg and both hands which has caused and will continue to cause great pain and anguish and medical expenses.

Represented by Richard Reed of Reed and Bruhn in Belleville, Meeks is seeking damages in excess of $100,000, plus costs.

08 L 150 (20th Circuit)

Want to get notified whenever we write about ?

Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.