The newest member of Sandberg Phoenix’s Edwardsville office, John Gilbert, has an extensive portfolio of work and a wealth of experience representing some of the largest companies in the U.S.
Sandberg Phoenix managing partner John Sandberg commented, “John is a tremendous attorney whose diverse background and deep knowledge of business law will add significant value to both existing and new clients for our firm. We’re very happy to have him on our team.”
Gilbert studied at the University of Illinois (Phi Beta Kappa) and Washington University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in Missouri and Illinois and before the United States Supreme Court, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and United States District Courts.
He is a member of the Illinois State, Madison County and St. Clair County Bar Associations and currently serves on the ISBA Standing Committee on Mentoring and as chairman of the Hearing Board for the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission.
A former member of the Illinois Civil Service Commission from 1978 to 1991, Gilbert currently serves as a lecturer in Management and Marketing at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, a position he has held since 1985, teaching courses in business ethics, business law, cyberlaw and labor and employment law.
Gilbert has been honored with the AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability, and has been recognized as a Leading Lawyer in the categories of School Law, Employment Law: Management, Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law and Civil Rights/Constitutional Law.
The Sandberg Phoenix Business and Business Litigation Practice Group offers a wide variety of services to clients throughout the Midwest, advising and counseling closely held companies, public companies and governmental entities in matters of corporate transactions, bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights. Our teams have been involved in virtually every type of business dispute, defending or prosecuting claims against customers, suppliers, competitors, or shareholders in a wide variety of matters.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker