A man has filed suit against the driver who he claims failed to obey a red traffic light and crashed into his vehicle.
Michael McIntosh claims he was driving on St. Clair Avenue near its intersection with 79th Street on Jan. 4, 2011, when defendant Janet Jackson, drove through a red light and struck his vehicle.
Because of the collision, McIntosh suffered back, neck and head injuries; incurred medical costs of about $5,000; and has suffered from an impaired ability to work, according to the complaint filed Jan. 3 in St. Clair County Circuit Court. He also lost wages of about $1,000 and suffered pain and discomfort, the suit states.
Jackson negligently drove too fast, failed to stop or swerve to avoid a collision, failed to keep a careful lookout and violated a red traffic light, the complaint says.
In his lawsuit, McIntosh is seeking a judgment in excess of the jurisdictional limits of St. Clair County Circuit Court, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
McIntosh will be represented by Scott L. Kolker of Kolker and Germeroth in Clayton.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-2.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker