A man has filed suit against the driver who he claims failed to obey a red traffic light and crashed into his vehicle.
Michael McIntosh claims he was driving on St. Clair Avenue near its intersection with 79th Street on Jan. 4, 2011, when defendant Janet Jackson, drove through a red light and struck his vehicle.
Because of the collision, McIntosh suffered back, neck and head injuries; incurred medical costs of about $5,000; and has suffered from an impaired ability to work, according to the complaint filed Jan. 3 in St. Clair County Circuit Court. He also lost wages of about $1,000 and suffered pain and discomfort, the suit states.
Jackson negligently drove too fast, failed to stop or swerve to avoid a collision, failed to keep a careful lookout and violated a red traffic light, the complaint says.
In his lawsuit, McIntosh is seeking a judgment in excess of the jurisdictional limits of St. Clair County Circuit Court, plus costs and other relief the court deems just.
McIntosh will be represented by Scott L. Kolker of Kolker and Germeroth in Clayton.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-2.
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds; News comes after US Steel says it may shutter plant
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men