A man claims he lost his job after he reported his supervisor for allegedly sexually harassing him, according to a recently filed lawsuit.
Milton Straughter filed suit Dec. 21 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Transitional Center, Bernard Polt and Lottie Clark.
In his complaint, Straughter says he was working for Transitional Center when Clark allegedly began sexually assaulting him in June 2010. Clark continued throughout the following year, and Straughter continually rejected her sexual advances and requests for a relationship, according to the complaint.
However, Clark’s advances were interfering with Straughter’s work, so he reported it to Chief Executive Officer and Human Resources Director of Transitional Center Bernard Polt, the suit states. Polt then terminated Straughter, the complaint says.
Because of his job loss, Straughter claims he suffered from lost wages and emotional distress.
In his two-count complaint, Straughter seeks a judgment of more than $150,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Michael J. Garavalia of Belleville will be representing him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-673.
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries
- Daughter blames Gateway Regional Medical, doctor for mother's death
- Parents blame Norfolk Southern Railway for son's death
- Letter supporting Sen. Kirk's call for DOJ to pursue Backpage.com
- Obama calls for building better politics; GOP focuses on his remarks on redistricting
- Rauner’s lawsuit reforms will create jobs in Illinois
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances
- Father alleges Atrium Health Care mishandled daughter's medical condition