A man claims he lost his job after he reported his supervisor for allegedly sexually harassing him, according to a recently filed lawsuit.
Milton Straughter filed suit Dec. 21 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Transitional Center, Bernard Polt and Lottie Clark.
In his complaint, Straughter says he was working for Transitional Center when Clark allegedly began sexually assaulting him in June 2010. Clark continued throughout the following year, and Straughter continually rejected her sexual advances and requests for a relationship, according to the complaint.
However, Clark’s advances were interfering with Straughter’s work, so he reported it to Chief Executive Officer and Human Resources Director of Transitional Center Bernard Polt, the suit states. Polt then terminated Straughter, the complaint says.
Because of his job loss, Straughter claims he suffered from lost wages and emotional distress.
In his two-count complaint, Straughter seeks a judgment of more than $150,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Michael J. Garavalia of Belleville will be representing him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-673.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident