A woman has suffered severe injuries after she fell on a sidewalk outside Memorial Hospital in Belleville, according to a recently filed lawsuit.
Donna J. Brewer claims she was walking outside the south entrance of the hospital on Dec. 16, 2011, when she slipped and fell.
As a result, Brewer suffered severe injuries, experienced great pain, was hindered from attending to her usual duties and incurred medical costs, according to the complaint filed Dec. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The hospital allegedly failed to maintain the sidewalk in a safe manner, the suit states.
In her complaint, Brewer is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000.
Donald R. Brewer will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-660.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident