A woman has suffered severe injuries after she fell on a sidewalk outside Memorial Hospital in Belleville, according to a recently filed lawsuit.
Donna J. Brewer claims she was walking outside the south entrance of the hospital on Dec. 16, 2011, when she slipped and fell.
As a result, Brewer suffered severe injuries, experienced great pain, was hindered from attending to her usual duties and incurred medical costs, according to the complaint filed Dec. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
The hospital allegedly failed to maintain the sidewalk in a safe manner, the suit states.
In her complaint, Brewer is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000.
Donald R. Brewer will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-660.
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries
- Widow blames dozens of employers for husband's asbestos-related death
- Meier sponsors legislation to ensure retention is only option for judges seeking to stay on bench
- Rauner: CPS takeover plan lives; He predicts non-Chicago Dems will join in support
- Patient accuses Apex Physical Therapy of harmful therapy