An Illinois hydro-power plant claims its facilities were damaged by a tow boat on the Illinois River.
Ameren Energy Generating filed a lawsuit Nov. 8 in Madison County Circuit Court against Marquette Transportation Company LLC, doing business as Marquette Transportation Company River.
According to the complaint, Marquette operated a tow boat, the M/V Show Me State, near the Meredosia Power Generation Plant in April 2011. Ameren, the owner of the Meredosia plant, says the boat crashed into several loading barges and loading cells on the river, causing more than $175,000 in damage.
Ameren accuses Marquette of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages and court fees.
The energy company is represented by attorney Daniel C. Lytle of Edwardsville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1837
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County
- AFP Illinois says tax reduction responsible for state's improved ranking in tax climate survey
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis