An Illinois hydro-power plant claims its facilities were damaged by a tow boat on the Illinois River.
Ameren Energy Generating filed a lawsuit Nov. 8 in Madison County Circuit Court against Marquette Transportation Company LLC, doing business as Marquette Transportation Company River.
According to the complaint, Marquette operated a tow boat, the M/V Show Me State, near the Meredosia Power Generation Plant in April 2011. Ameren, the owner of the Meredosia plant, says the boat crashed into several loading barges and loading cells on the river, causing more than $175,000 in damage.
Ameren accuses Marquette of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages and court fees.
The energy company is represented by attorney Daniel C. Lytle of Edwardsville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1837
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker