An Illinois hydro-power plant claims its facilities were damaged by a tow boat on the Illinois River.
Ameren Energy Generating filed a lawsuit Nov. 8 in Madison County Circuit Court against Marquette Transportation Company LLC, doing business as Marquette Transportation Company River.
According to the complaint, Marquette operated a tow boat, the M/V Show Me State, near the Meredosia Power Generation Plant in April 2011. Ameren, the owner of the Meredosia plant, says the boat crashed into several loading barges and loading cells on the river, causing more than $175,000 in damage.
Ameren accuses Marquette of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages and court fees.
The energy company is represented by attorney Daniel C. Lytle of Edwardsville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-1837
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances
- Father alleges Atrium Health Care mishandled daughter's medical condition
- Family blames Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for relative's wrongful death
- Illinois couple blames McBride, Lock for data breach
- Madison County motorist blames another driver for collision, injuries
- Customer blames Jack in the Box for injuries at restaurant
- Missouri couple blames motorist for collision, husband's injuries
- Illinois’ incredible, shrinking business establishments
- Rauner to Dems: Work with me or pass tax hike
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90