A Belleville man says he was shot in the stomach and leg by a drunk man in East St. Louis.
Larry Miller filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against James Cherry.
Miller says he was standing near the intersection of 6th and Broadway in October 2010 when Cherry fired a gun, hitting Miller in the stomach and left leg. Miller alleges Cherry was extremely drunk at the time of the shooting and accuses him of battery and negligence.
Miller asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical costs, loss of income and court fees. He is represented by attorney Chet A. Kelly of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-587
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident