A Belleville man says he was shot in the stomach and leg by a drunk man in East St. Louis.
Larry Miller filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against James Cherry.
Miller says he was standing near the intersection of 6th and Broadway in October 2010 when Cherry fired a gun, hitting Miller in the stomach and left leg. Miller alleges Cherry was extremely drunk at the time of the shooting and accuses him of battery and negligence.
Miller asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical costs, loss of income and court fees. He is represented by attorney Chet A. Kelly of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-587
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker