A Belleville woman says she was hurt when the car she was riding in crashed into another car in Fairview Heights.
Melisa Taylor filed a lawsuit against John Lehnen Oct. 19 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Taylor says she was a passenger in a car being driven by Darren Schroeder in December 2010. They were driving east on Market Place Road, according to the complaint, at the same time Lehnen was driving westbound. Near the intersection of Highway 159, Lehnen allegedly crossed over the center line without warning. Taylor says Schroeder was unable to avoid crashing into Lehnen's vehicle.
Taylor accuses Lehnen of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical bills and court fees. She is represented by attorney Jennifer Hofman of St. Louis.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-559
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9