A Belleville woman says she was hurt when the car she was riding in crashed into another car in Fairview Heights.
Melisa Taylor filed a lawsuit against John Lehnen Oct. 19 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Taylor says she was a passenger in a car being driven by Darren Schroeder in December 2010. They were driving east on Market Place Road, according to the complaint, at the same time Lehnen was driving westbound. Near the intersection of Highway 159, Lehnen allegedly crossed over the center line without warning. Taylor says Schroeder was unable to avoid crashing into Lehnen's vehicle.
Taylor accuses Lehnen of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical bills and court fees. She is represented by attorney Jennifer Hofman of St. Louis.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-559
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running