A Belleville woman says she was hurt when the car she was riding in crashed into another car in Fairview Heights.
Melisa Taylor filed a lawsuit against John Lehnen Oct. 19 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Taylor says she was a passenger in a car being driven by Darren Schroeder in December 2010. They were driving east on Market Place Road, according to the complaint, at the same time Lehnen was driving westbound. Near the intersection of Highway 159, Lehnen allegedly crossed over the center line without warning. Taylor says Schroeder was unable to avoid crashing into Lehnen's vehicle.
Taylor accuses Lehnen of negligence and asks for more than $50,000 in damages for medical bills and court fees. She is represented by attorney Jennifer Hofman of St. Louis.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 12-L-559
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries
- Daughter blames Gateway Regional Medical, doctor for mother's death