A woman claims she sustained neck, chest, back, shoulder and wrist injuries after a driver struck the back of her vehicle when she slowed for a turning car in front of her.
Lena Stockard filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court against Dustin Jacoby.
Stockard claims she drove a 2001 Saturn north on Fosterburg Road approaching Woodburn Road in Alton on Aug. 19, 2011, when she slowed to allow the vehicle in front of her to turn right onto Woodburn Road. Suddenly, Jacoby, who was driving a 1998 Chevrolet sedan behind her, failed to reduce his speed and struck her vehicle, according to the complaint.
In addition to her injuries, Stockard was hindered from attending to her usual duties, incurred medical costs and experienced mental and physical pain and suffering, the suit states.
In her complaint, Stockard is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Emily J. Johnson of Hunter and Johnson in Godfrey will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1767.
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people
- Fifth District reverses local courts five times in one week
- I-LAW criticizes judiciary during 'Lawsuit Abuse Awareness' rallies
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 13-16
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 13-14
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 28-Oct. 2
- St. Clair County foreclosures Sept. 21-30
- Are we wasting money on the Citizens Utility Board?
- Madison County real estate Sept. 16-22
- St. Clair County real estate Sept. 21-25