A woman claims she sustained neck, chest, back, shoulder and wrist injuries after a driver struck the back of her vehicle when she slowed for a turning car in front of her.
Lena Stockard filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court against Dustin Jacoby.
Stockard claims she drove a 2001 Saturn north on Fosterburg Road approaching Woodburn Road in Alton on Aug. 19, 2011, when she slowed to allow the vehicle in front of her to turn right onto Woodburn Road. Suddenly, Jacoby, who was driving a 1998 Chevrolet sedan behind her, failed to reduce his speed and struck her vehicle, according to the complaint.
In addition to her injuries, Stockard was hindered from attending to her usual duties, incurred medical costs and experienced mental and physical pain and suffering, the suit states.
In her complaint, Stockard is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Emily J. Johnson of Hunter and Johnson in Godfrey will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1767.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker