A woman claims she sustained neck, chest, back, shoulder and wrist injuries after a driver struck the back of her vehicle when she slowed for a turning car in front of her.
Lena Stockard filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court against Dustin Jacoby.
Stockard claims she drove a 2001 Saturn north on Fosterburg Road approaching Woodburn Road in Alton on Aug. 19, 2011, when she slowed to allow the vehicle in front of her to turn right onto Woodburn Road. Suddenly, Jacoby, who was driving a 1998 Chevrolet sedan behind her, failed to reduce his speed and struck her vehicle, according to the complaint.
In addition to her injuries, Stockard was hindered from attending to her usual duties, incurred medical costs and experienced mental and physical pain and suffering, the suit states.
In her complaint, Stockard is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Emily J. Johnson of Hunter and Johnson in Godfrey will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1767.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident