A woman claims she sustained neck, chest, back, shoulder and wrist injuries after a driver struck the back of her vehicle when she slowed for a turning car in front of her.
Lena Stockard filed a lawsuit Oct. 30 in Madison County Circuit Court against Dustin Jacoby.
Stockard claims she drove a 2001 Saturn north on Fosterburg Road approaching Woodburn Road in Alton on Aug. 19, 2011, when she slowed to allow the vehicle in front of her to turn right onto Woodburn Road. Suddenly, Jacoby, who was driving a 1998 Chevrolet sedan behind her, failed to reduce his speed and struck her vehicle, according to the complaint.
In addition to her injuries, Stockard was hindered from attending to her usual duties, incurred medical costs and experienced mental and physical pain and suffering, the suit states.
In her complaint, Stockard is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus other relief the court deems just.
Emily J. Johnson of Hunter and Johnson in Godfrey will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-1767.
- Belleville maritime worker blames SGS Petroleum for injuries on barge
- Motorist alleges another driver smashed into her vehicle
- Couple alleges doctor's botched surgery led to wife's injuries
- Motorist blames St. Clair County for vehicle collision that led to injuries
- Motorist blames another driver for injuries in Waterloo auto collision
- UPS granted summary judgment in dog bite case brought by driver
- Obama's General Assembly visit likely to be about budget impasse and legacy, supporter Coleman says
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors
- Daughter alleges father's death was a result of asbestos exposure
- Woman sues Sure Shine Auto Wash over alleged injuries