Moose International sued over patron's slip on greasy substance

Kelly Holleran Mar. 26, 2012, 8:17am

A woman has filed suit against the corporation where she claims she slipped and fell on a greasy floor.

Joyce Goodnetter claims she was visiting Moose International Incorporated at 2425 North Illinois St. in Swansea on March 13 when she slipped on grease located on the floor in front of the fryers.

Because of her fall, Goodnetter became sick, sore, lame, disordered and disabled; sustained back, knees and leg injuries; and incurred medical costs, according to the complaint filed March 12 in St. Clair County Circuit Court. In addition, she suffered disability and experienced pain and suffering, the suit states.

Moose negligently failed to inspect its premises, failed to have a safe procedure for cleaning foreign substances, failed to provide a safe entrance and exit, failed to provide a safe place for Goodnetter to walk, allowed the premises to remain in an unsafe condition, failed to make sure the premises were safe and failed to warn of the dangerous situation, the complaint says.

In her four-count complaint, Goodnetter is seeking a judgment of more than $200,000, plus costs.

Thomas C. Rich and Kristina Cooksey of Fairview Heights will be representing her.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 12-L-132.

More News