A woman is seeking damages for gunshot injuries she sustained while visiting an Alton bar.
Iesha Cousett filed a lawsuit on Oct. 12 in Madison County Circuit Court against Otis Anderson, William Moore Jr., Frank T. Anderson Jr., Frank T. Anderson Sr., the Chess Club bar and C.T.W's Lounge.
Cousett says she was a patron at the Chess Club, 1000 Belle Street in Alton, about 5:15 a.m.. on Oct. 11, 2009, when a gunshot fired from outside the bar wounded her in the neck and face. Cousett says Otis Anderson, another patron of the Chess Club had left the bar and fired the gun into the premises. The bar is owned by William Moore Jr., Frank T. Anderson Jr. and Frank T. Anderson Sr. The men also own C.T.W's Lounge nearby.
Cousett's complaint blames Otis Anderson for being intoxicated and unable to control his actions and firing a gun into an occupied building. She says the bar owners continued to sell and serve Otis Anderson intoxicating liquors in violation of Illinois' Dram Shop Act causing him to become drunk
Cousett says she suffered injuries to her face and neck and incurred medical costs in excess of $50,000. She also claims pain and suffering.
In her eight-count complaint, Cousett seeks damages of more than $50,000 plus costs on each count.
Samuel A. Mormino of Mormino, Velloff, Edmonds & Snider is representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 10-L-1053
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident