Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian opened the trial of a 2004 negligence suit brought against an Alton nursing home Monday.
Jury selection took up most of the day, with a panel selected at 3 p.m. The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
A complaint is not available in the 2004 suit.
Plaintiff Clifford Emons is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as the executor of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
Another negligence suit against a Rosewood facility in Edwardsville went to trial in April.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin, who is also defense counsel in the suit against the Alton facility, has asked Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla for a new trial in the Edwardsville suit brought by Paul Graves on behalf of his father's estate.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- Son blames dozens of companies for father's exposure to asbestos, death
- Laborers' pension fund alleges Rawson Excavating failed to contribute funds
- Ex-worker alleges wrongful termination by Effingham County Health Department
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence led to accident, injuries
- Widow blames dozens of employers for husband's asbestos-related death
- Meier sponsors legislation to ensure retention is only option for judges seeking to stay on bench
- Rauner: CPS takeover plan lives; He predicts non-Chicago Dems will join in support
- Patient accuses Apex Physical Therapy of harmful therapy
- Former president alleges O'Fallon Pharmacy guilty of wrongful termination
- Client alleges Life Insurance Co. owes disability benefits