Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian opened the trial of a 2004 negligence suit brought against an Alton nursing home Monday.
Jury selection took up most of the day, with a panel selected at 3 p.m. The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
A complaint is not available in the 2004 suit.
Plaintiff Clifford Emons is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as the executor of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
Another negligence suit against a Rosewood facility in Edwardsville went to trial in April.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin, who is also defense counsel in the suit against the Alton facility, has asked Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla for a new trial in the Edwardsville suit brought by Paul Graves on behalf of his father's estate.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- Collinsville couple files medical malpractice suit over faulty hip surgery
- Bank sues boating company for $1.8 million in loan payments
- St. Clair County residents claim plummeting property values forced them to forgo ownership of senior citizens home
- Belleville attorney sued for alleged legal malpractice
- Former employee sues Steak N Shake, claiming racial discrimination
- Man sues Trouw Nutrition over sexual harrassment claims
- Man demands restitution from oil companies, claiming injury due to contamination
- Medical costs for workers' compensation claimants on the rise in Illinois
- Moore to formally announce candidacy for Fifth District Appellate Court
- Guntli and French join HeplerBroom as associate attorneys