Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian opened the trial of a 2004 negligence suit brought against an Alton nursing home Monday.
Jury selection took up most of the day, with a panel selected at 3 p.m. The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
A complaint is not available in the 2004 suit.
Plaintiff Clifford Emons is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as the executor of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
Another negligence suit against a Rosewood facility in Edwardsville went to trial in April.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin, who is also defense counsel in the suit against the Alton facility, has asked Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla for a new trial in the Edwardsville suit brought by Paul Graves on behalf of his father's estate.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident