Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian opened the trial of a 2004 negligence suit brought against an Alton nursing home Monday.
Jury selection took up most of the day, with a panel selected at 3 p.m. The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
A complaint is not available in the 2004 suit.
Plaintiff Clifford Emons is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as the executor of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
Another negligence suit against a Rosewood facility in Edwardsville went to trial in April.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin, who is also defense counsel in the suit against the Alton facility, has asked Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla for a new trial in the Edwardsville suit brought by Paul Graves on behalf of his father's estate.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker