A 2004 negligence suit against an Alton nursing home is set for trial Monday.
The complaint in the suit was not available in the case file, however the case involves plaintiff Clifford Emons who is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as executer of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
The trial will take place despite a defense move in August asking Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian to move the trial date to 2010.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin moved to postpone the Sept. 24 trail Aug. 21.
McCubbin also is representing a Rosewood nursing facility in Edwardsville in a separate negligence suit before Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla.
In his Aug. 21 motion, McCubbin had argued for the trial's move due to another trial he has scheduled in Will County Sept. 28.
The trial is set to begin at 9 a.m.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries
- Daughter blames Gateway Regional Medical, doctor for mother's death
- Parents blame Norfolk Southern Railway for son's death
- Letter supporting Sen. Kirk's call for DOJ to pursue Backpage.com
- Obama calls for building better politics; GOP focuses on his remarks on redistricting
- Rauner’s lawsuit reforms will create jobs in Illinois
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances