A 2004 negligence suit against an Alton nursing home is set for trial Monday.
The complaint in the suit was not available in the case file, however the case involves plaintiff Clifford Emons who is suing Rosewood Care Center Inc. of Alton as executer of the estate of Jane Schwartz.
The trial will take place despite a defense move in August asking Madison County Circuit Judge Andy Matoesian to move the trial date to 2010.
Defense attorney Dennis McCubbin moved to postpone the Sept. 24 trail Aug. 21.
McCubbin also is representing a Rosewood nursing facility in Edwardsville in a separate negligence suit before Madison County Circuit Judge David Hylla.
In his Aug. 21 motion, McCubbin had argued for the trial's move due to another trial he has scheduled in Will County Sept. 28.
The trial is set to begin at 9 a.m.
Emons is represented by Doug Mendenhall.
The case is Madison case number 04-L-535.
- Moore to formally announce candidacy for Fifth District Appellate Court
- Guntli and French join HeplerBroom as associate attorneys
- Castillo joins PohlmanUSA as account executive
- Greensfelder firm adds two attorneys at St. Louis office
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds
- Sheldon Silver corruption trial set to begin next month; Former NY assembly speaker drops key witness
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion