A woman who says she received neck and back injuries in a rear-end collision is suing the driver who hit her.
Mary R. Fohne filed a lawsuit July 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Teresa D. Pagan.
Fohne claims she was driving west on Matin Street at its intersection with Route 157 in Collinsville on Sept. 24, 2007, at about 9 a.m. when Pagan, who was driving in the same direction, hit the back of Fohne's vehicle.
In addition to her injuries, Fohne was made sick, sore, lame, disordered and disabled, incurred medical costs and suffered disability, according to the complaint. She also experienced pain and suffering, lost wages and will suffer an impaired future earning capacity, the suit states.
In the complaint, Fohne blames Pagan for failing to keep a proper lookout, for driving in such a way that she crashed into the back of Fohne's vehicle, for failing to properly apply her brakes, for driving too fast for traffic conditions, for following her vehicle too closely and for driving on a highway without adequate brakes.
Fohne is seeking a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
John H. Hustava of Collinville will be representing her.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 09-L-685.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker