Belleville woman sues for injuries sustained at SIUE concert
A Belleville woman who tripped while walking to her seat at a Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville-sponsored music concert filed suit against a lighting and sound equipment company in Madison County Circuit Court June 1.
Cathryn Jaeger claims she tripped on a bundle of extension cords supplied by Clearwing Productions of West Allis, Wisc., in SIUE's auditorium on Nov. 13, 2003. Jaeger alleges she sustained serious and permanent injuries to her back, hips, and arms.
According to the suit, Clearwing allowed the cords and wires to remain in a dangerous position on the floor, allowed people to walk in the path of cords, failed to warn people about the presence of wires, and failed to provide proper lighting so people would be able to see the cords on the floor.
Jaeger, represented by Stephen Buser of Columbia, states she suffered mental and physical anguish, became liable for large medical bills, and has been unable to perform her work and activites as she has in the past. She is seeking in excess of $50,000.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge George Moran. The university was not named in the suit.
05 L 513