EDWARDSVILLE — A man claims he was injured when his e-cigarette device exploded.
Christopher J. Kittel filed a complaint on June 11 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against Mystic Vapes Inc. and Cloud Nine Vapor Lounge, alleging they failed to supply vaping device that were not unreasonably dangerous.
According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that on Feb. 13, he bought a Vaporesso vaping device from the defendants' store. Kittel claims he was injured when the device's lithium ion battery exploded on May 11, causing him to suffer pain, scarring and mental anguish. He also claims he incurred medical expenses.
Kittel alleges the defendants failed to warn customers that the lithium ion batteries were prone to explode, overheat and burn.
The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment in his favor in a sum greater then $50,000, plus costs and all other relief deemed proper and just.
He is represented by Brian M. Wendler, Angie M. Zinzilieta and Paul Rademacher of Wendler Law PC in Edwardsville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 18-L-408