Madison - St. Clair Record

Monday, August 19, 2019

Complaint against AERCO, others alleges man's cancer was caused by asbestos exposure

By Lhalie Castillo | May 15, 2018


BELLEVILLE — A number of companies are named in a lawsuit alleging a man died of lung cancer after being exposed to asbestos. 

Nicholas Butts, individually and as special representative of the estate of Kevin Butts, deceased, filed a complaint May 2 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against AERCO International Inc., Buffalo Pumps Inc., and others alleging they breached their duties to exercise due care and caution for the safety of others.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that during Kevin Butts' life, he was exposed to and asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by the defendants. On Jan. 18, 2017, his family first learned he developed lung cancer. The complaint alleges the cancer was an asbestos-induced disease, and that it was wrongfully caused. He died Sept. 12, 2017. The plaintiff holds the defendants responsible because they allegedly intentionally included asbestos fibers in their products when they knew that the material was toxic and had a deleterious effect on human health and failed to provide warn or and give instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiff seeks damages of more than $50,000 and all further relief the court deems appropriate. He is represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court Case number 18-L-303

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Aerco International, Inc. Gori, Julian & Associates PC St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News