Madison - St. Clair Record

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Woman alleges father's lung cancer was caused by exposure to asbestos from Budd Co., others' products

By Lhalie Castillo | Jan 16, 2018


BELLEVILLE – A woman alleges her father was exposed to asbestos during his employment in Centralia.

Rose Straeter, individually and as special representative of the estate of William Heitkamp, deceased filed a complaint on Dec. 18, 2017, in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against The Budd Co., Goulds Pumps LLC, John Crane Inc., et al. alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that at various times during Heitkamp's career, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants while working for employers in Centralia. The suit states that on or about July 30, 2017, Heitkamp first became aware that he developed lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease, and that the disease was wrongfully caused. He died on Sept. 7, 2017, the suit states. 

The plaintiff holds The Budd Co., Goulds Pumps LLC, John Crane Inc., et al. responsible because the defendants allegedly intentionally included asbestos fibers in their products when they knew that it was toxic, poisonous and highly deleterious to human health and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiff seeks damages of no less than $50,000. She is represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-749

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Gori, Julian & Associates PC John Crane Inc. St. Clair County Circuit Court The Budd Company

More News