Madison - St. Clair Record

Monday, September 16, 2019

Widow alleges husband's lung cancer was caused by asbestos exposure from BWDAC Inc., others' products

By Lhalie Castillo | Dec 21, 2017


BELLEVILLE – A widow alleges her late husband's lung cancer was caused by asbestos exposure.

Mary Knuppe, individually and as special administrator of the estate of Keith Knuppe, deceased filed a complaint on Nov. 30 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against A.W. Chesterton Inc., BWDAC Inc., Chicago-Wilcox Manufacturing Co., et al. alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that at various times during Keith Knuppe's work from 1962 to 2010, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants. 

The suit states that on or about March 22, 2016, he first became aware that he developed lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease, and that the disease was wrongfully caused. He died on Sept. 10, 2016, according to the suit. 

The plaintiff holds A. W. Chesterton Inc., BWDAC Inc., Chicago-Wilcox Manufacturing Co., et al. responsible because the defendants allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when adequate substitutes were available and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiff seeks economic damages of more than $50,000. She is represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-714

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

A.W. Chesterton Inc. Gori, Julian & Associates PC St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News