BELLEVILLE – A Florida woman alleges she was exposed to asbestos fibers through her husband, who was previously employed by various companies in Illinois.
Linda Chagolla and Tom Chagolla filed a complaint on Dec. 6 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against the defendants alleging that they failed to exercise reasonable care and caution for the safety of the general public.
According to the complaint, the plaintiffs allege that during the course Linda Chagolla's life, she was secondarily exposed to asbestos fibers through her husband Tom, who worked with or around certain asbestos-containing products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants at various locations in Illinois.
The suit states that on or about Jan. 27, she first became aware that she developed lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease, and that the disease was wrongfully caused.
The plaintiffs hold Ameren Illinois Co., Aurora Pump Co., The Boeing Co., and others responsible because the defendants allegedly intentionally included asbestos fibers in their products when they knew or should have known that it was toxic and poisonous and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.
The plaintiffs request a trial by jury and seek compensatory damages of no less than $50,000. They are represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-724