Madison - St. Clair Record

Monday, October 21, 2019

Former GE employee alleges asbestos exposure from other companies' products caused cancer

By Lhalie Castillo | Oct 5, 2017

BELLEVILLE – A former General Electric employee alleges asbestos exposure caused his cancer.

Cleveland Harris filed a complaint on Sept. 20 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against Ameron International Corp., Aurora Pump Co., Borg-Warner Morse TEC LLC, et al. alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that during the course of his employment from 1966 to 2008 as a furnace operator with General Electric in Cicerio, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants. The suit states that on June 1, he first became aware that he developed lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease, and that the disease was wrongfully caused. 

The plaintiff holds Ameron International, Aurora Pump Co., Borg-Warner Morse TEC LLC, et al. responsible because the defendants allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when adequate substitutes were available and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks compensatory damages of more than $50,000. He is represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-537

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Ameron International Corporation Borg-Warner Morse TEC LLC Gori, Julian & Associates PC St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News