BELLEVILLE – A man alleges he learned in June he had developed lung cancer and claims that it was caused by exposure to asbestos.
Luis Rivera and Sandra Rivera filed a complaint on Sept. 7 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against AERCO International Inc., Buffalo Air Handling, Certain-Teed Corp., et al. alleging negligence.
According to the complaint, the plaintiffs allege that at various times during the entire career life of plaintiff Luis Rivera, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants. As a result, he alleges he was wrongfully caused to develop lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease.
The plaintiffs hold AERCO International Inc., Buffalo Air Handling, Certain-Teed Corp., et al. others responsible because the defendant allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when adequate substitutes were available and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.
The plaintiffs seek judgment in their favor, in the amount of more than $50,000. They are represented by Randy L. Gori of Gori, Julian & Associates PC in Edwardsville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-608