Madison - St. Clair Record

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Man alleges he was shocked while working on Carmi property for Lowe's

By Noddy A. Fernandez | Aug 22, 2017

BELLEVILLE – A St. Clair County man alleges he was injured while working on a Carmi property for Lowe's because the power lines had not been de-energized.

Hector Gonzalez-Vargas filed a complaint on Aug. 7 in the St. Clair County Circuit Court against Lowe's Homes Centers LLC, Chad Hollis Construction as Professional Roofing Contractors LLC and Wayne-White Counties Electric Cooperative alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that on Aug. 7, 2015, he was hired by a contracting company that was hired by the defendants to tear off and install a new roof on a garage in Carmi. The lawsuit claims Vargas was electrocuted while working on the site when the energized power line arched with the ladder he was holding.

The plaintiff alleges the defendants left the electrical service to the property energized and provided him with a ladder that was not insulated from electric shock.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment of more than $25,000 plus court costs and any other relief deemed just and proper. 

He is represented by Paul T. Slocomb of Blunt Slocomb LTD in St. Louis.

St. Clair County Circuit Court case number 17-L-422

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Blunt Slocomb, Ltd. St. Clair County Circuit Court

More News