Madison - St. Clair Record

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Mother alleges carbon monoxide exposure at motel sickened children

By Molly English-Bowers | Apr 6, 2016

EDWARDSVILLE – The mother of two minor children is suing over their alleged exposure to carbon monoxide gas while attending a birthday party.

Chessie M. Brame, mother and next friend of Eleanor Brame and Lincoln Brame, filed the suit March 29 in Madison County Circuit Court against III Properties Inc., doing business as Super 8 Motel of Pontoon Beach.

On Jan. 30, both children and other family members were guests at a birthday party on the defendant's premises, the suit alleges. While there, the plaintiffs allegedly became nauseated, sick and unconscious due to high levels of carbon monoxide and other toxic gases.

Brame alleges she incurred medical bills for the treatment of her children, and has suffered and will continue to suffer pain and anguish and loss of a normal life, the suit says.

The plaintiff seeks a judgment in excess of $50,000 for both of her children, plus court costs and other relief the court may deem appropriate. She is represented by David W. Dugan of David W. Dugan PC in East Alton.

Madison County Circuit Court case number 16-L-410

Want to get notified whenever we write about Madison County Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Madison County Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Madison County Circuit Court

More News