Carbon monoxide exposure claimed in suit against plumber

By Ann Knef | Nov 26, 2007

A Belleville family claims a Lebanon plumber failed to properly install a hot water heater in their mobile home, causing them to be exposed to carbon monoxide.

William Hans Bremen, Sr., Patricia Ann Bremen, Lela Bremen, Margaret Bremen and William H. Bremen, Jr., a disabled adult, filed suit against Mark A. Poteet and Poteet Plumbing on Nov. 21 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.

Represented by Ronald A. Roth of Roth, Evans & Lading in Granite City, the Bremens are seeking in excess of $750,000 in damages.

They claim Poteet installed a hot water heater at their residence, located at 5500 Nora Ct., on Dec. 29, 2005, but failed to install and ensure proper ventilation.

Plaintiffs were "exposed to carbon monoxide thereby causing injuries, both internally and externally, of a permanent and lasting nature," the complaint states.

More News

The Record Network