Q:I was following a story written about a woman who was injured at the hospital after being discharged. I believe she tripped on something, can you please advise me what ever happened to that case?

Hannah Lynn Dailey
Hyde Park, Ohio

Gonzo: The case you are referring to involves a 64-year-old woman who claims she fractured her pelvis after tripping on an electrical cord while preparing for discharge at Oliver Anderson Hospital in Maryville, Ill.

Janice Hedin filed suit Aug. 17, 2005, alleging Anderson negligently permitted its premises to become and remain in a dangerous condition.

Hedin claims that on Aug. 27, 2003, she was in a weakened and depressed physical and mental state from her surgery four days prior.

Hedin claims Anderson failed to remove medical equipment from her room after unplugging it, failed to warn her of the dangerous condition of her room, and failed to assist her in her preparation for discharge.

According to the complaint, Hedin endured pain and suffering, and has become liable for medical expenses.

Hedin is represented by Pat Ducey of St. Louis. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Dan Stack.

Stack held a case management conference (CMC) on Oct. 26, 2005, and plans to hold another conference on Jan. 25.

Both sides are finishing the discovery in the case.

Editor's Note: Questions about old cases should be sent to steve@madisonrecord.com.

Want to get notified whenever we write about Anderson Hospital ?
Next time we write about Anderson Hospital, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Anderson Hospital

More News