To the Editor:
An April 2008 Obama campaign statement (buried by most media) may reveal his true attitude towards conservative Christians. Obama stated: "They cling to guns and religion" and have an "antipathy towards people who aren’t like them."
A chronological review of Obama’s actions could reveal his prejudice in the federal workplace.
- October 2010: Obama, on the first of seven public occasions, omitted the words ‘The Creator’ while quoting the Declaration of Independence.
- April 2011: Obama proposes passage of a non discrimination law that excluded hiring protections for religious groups and would eliminate conscience protection in hiring.
- June 2011: Administration objects to Defense Authorization Section 530 to protect constitutionally guaranteed rights of soldiers and chaplains.
- August 2011: Air Force stops teaching Augustine’s ‘Just War Theory’ to officers in California because the course was taught by Chaplains.
- September 2011: Government issues guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stating, "No Bibles are allowed to be given away or used during a visit."
- April 2013: A Pennsylvania Army Reserve soldiers’ briefing placed Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism and orthodox Judaism on an extremist list with Al Qaeda and Hamas.
- August 2013: A Department of Defense Training Manual asserts that Americans supporting; individual liberties and states’ rights are "extremists." It states, "The Founding Fathers …those colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule" are "examples of extremist ideologies and movements.’
- October 2013: Briefing at Fort Hood states, “Evangelical Christians are threats to Americans. Soldiers donating to such groups may be punished according to UCMJ.” The words Islamic terrorists and jihadists were dropped from the curriculum. (Klein, Front Page, October 13, 2013)
Do you support your government’s “new vision” for our religious freedom? Are groups who don’t support Obama’s socialist agenda being targeted?
Philip W. Chapman