The Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s Young Lawyers Division is hosting a seminar, titled “Succeeding as a Young Associate: Managing Cases, Building Your Brand, and Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls,” from 1 to 4:30 p.m. on on Jan. 9 at HeplerBroom, 130 North Main St., in Edwardsville.
Speakers will provide information, insight and practice tips to help young attorneys improve their practice and stand out from the pack. Speakers will address topics highly relevant to a young attorney’s practice, including managing cases from start to finish, building your brand to develop clients, and avoiding ethical pitfalls from the use of technology.
Speakers at the seminar will include:
- Laura Beasley, Joley Nussbaumer Oliver & Beasley: Increasing Your Visibility, Meeting Potential Clients, and Marketing Yourself
- James DeFranco, DeFranco & Bradley, P.C.: Responding to Written Discovery
- Dominique Seymoure, Reed Armstrong Mudge & Morrissey, P.C.: Ensuring Your Case is Trial Ready
- Melissa Smart, Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Illinois Supreme Court: Ethical Considerations When Using Technology
- Noel Smith, HeplerBroom, LLC: Deposition Issues
- Patrick Stufflebeam, HeplerBroom, LLC: Ethical Rules/Considerations Governing Marketing and Business Development
Registration for this seminar is complimentary for IDC members if they are accompanied by a non-member guest, and is $50 if they are unable to bring a non-member guest.
Registration for the event is $50 for non-members, which includes a complimentary one-year membership in the IDC.
If you would like to attend the seminar, contact IDC Young Lawyers Division Chair Gregory Odom at email@example.com or at 618-307-1223.
Want to get notified whenever we write about
any of these organizations
Next time we write about
any of these organizations,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
Illinois Supreme Court
Reed, Armstrong, Mudge & Morrissey