AUSTIN, Texas (Legal Newsline) - The broadest study yet of consumer litigation finance – money forwarded to lawsuit plaintiffs in anticipation of a victory in court or a legal settlement – found a “very complicated and circuitous” system in which some borrowers appear to subsidize others and the median interest rate exceeds 40%.
- Father sued for costs of college says he never promised to pay for the student’s expenses
- Madison County foreclosures Sept. 15-18
- Illinois Supreme Court agrees to review Price v. Philip Morris
- Cahokia resident sues Allstate over unpaid fire claim
- At No. 2, St. Clair follows Madison County on 'Hellhole' list
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Madison - St. Clair Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.