Top News

Matoesian grants default judgment in suit over property fire

Heather Isringhausen Gvillo Nov. 19, 2017, 3:44pm

Madison County Circuit Judge Andreas Matoesian granted default judgment in favor of a property owner after a tenant failed to respond to a suit alleging she caused a fire by leaving a stove unattended while it was in use.

Alton tenant allegedly left stove on, caused fire

Noddy A. Fernandez Jun. 2, 2017, 1:06pm

EDWARDSVILLE — An Alton housing community is suing a tenant, alleging negligence in failing to monitor a stove while it was in use.

Owner of Worden rental home seeks to dismiss personal injury suit

Heather Isringhausen Gvillo Jan. 10, 2017, 8:56am

The owner of a Worden rental home seeks to dismiss a woman’s suit alleging she fell off the porch while carrying a moving box.

Impact Family Worship Center denies liability in woman’s trip and fall suit

Heather Isringhausen Gvillo Aug. 10, 2015, 11:16pm

A Granite City church sued after a woman allegedly tripped and fell at a yard sale has accused her of causing her own injuries for failing to avoid an “open and obvious” condition.