Mother alleges carbon monoxide exposure at motel sickened children

Molly English-Bowers Apr. 6, 2016, 6:35pm


EDWARDSVILLE – The mother of two minor children is suing over their alleged exposure to carbon monoxide gas while attending a birthday party.

Chessie M. Brame, mother and next friend of Eleanor Brame and Lincoln Brame, filed the suit March 29 in Madison County Circuit Court against III Properties Inc., doing business as Super 8 Motel of Pontoon Beach.

On Jan. 30, both children and other family members were guests at a birthday party on the defendant's premises, the suit alleges. While there, the plaintiffs allegedly became nauseated, sick and unconscious due to high levels of carbon monoxide and other toxic gases.

Brame alleges she incurred medical bills for the treatment of her children, and has suffered and will continue to suffer pain and anguish and loss of a normal life, the suit says.

The plaintiff seeks a judgment in excess of $50,000 for both of her children, plus court costs and other relief the court may deem appropriate. She is represented by David W. Dugan of David W. Dugan PC in East Alton.

Madison County Circuit Court case number 16-L-410

Organizations in this Story

Madison County Circuit Court
157 N Main St
Edwardsville, IL 62025

Get notified the next time we write about Madison County Circuit Court!

More News