Belleville attorney Jarrod P. Beasley will represent a defendant in a lawsuit who is being sued for allegedly attacking an Edwardsville police officer.
Edwardsville police officer Andrew J. Feller and his wife, Kimberly Feller, filed a lawsuit April 29 in Madison County Circuit Court against BubbaSliceBone, doing business as Big Daddy’s Edwardsville, Steven J. Siebert, Timothy J. Bauer, James J. Sinovic Jr., Arthur Risavy and Traig Henson.
Belleville attorney Joseph Brown withdrew as counsel for defendant Traig Henson and substituted Beasley as counsel.
The complaint alleges Feller was called to Big Daddy’s in Edwardsville on April 29, 2012 to break up an altercation in the parking lot.
Henson had been visiting the bar, where he allegedly became intoxicated, according to the complaint.
Henson allegedly attacked Feller, striking him and violently holding onto him, on and about his back, torso and knee and other musculature, the suit claims.
Because of the incident, Feller became sick, sore, lame and disordered; experienced pain and suffering; and incurred medical costs, the complaint says.
The Fellers name Siebert, Bauer and Sinovic as defendants, saying they owned the bar where Andrew Feller was attacked. Risavy leased the premises to the bar’s owners.
They also named the bar as a defendant, saying it allowed patrons to become intoxicated and disorderly and failed to control patrons.
The Fellers seek more than $50,000.
D. Jeffrey Ezra of Ezra and Associates in Collinsville represent the plaintiffs.
Madison County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-649.
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident
- Majority of Illinois Independents in favor of government spending cuts, poll says
- Next round begins in lawyers' battle for billions; Tillery team seeks to restore Price, disqualify Karmeier
- General Motors says ignition switch lawsuits are misjoined; Seeks to transfer to Cook County
- IDC supports Prairie Farms in seeking to reverse revived '06 case; Argument centers on plaintiffs' failure to meet deadlines
- Candidate for Recorder says party bosses have attempted to intimidate her from running