The co-owner of a St. Clair County vending company seeks the money she claims she is owed upon the retirement of the company’s other owner.
Betty Deiters filed a lawsuit April 25 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Jim’s Vending Corporation and James Deiters.
In her complaint, Betty Deiters alleges she and James Deiters, who both owned Jim’s Vending Corporation, entered into an agreement on May 15, 1989, regarding their retirement. According to the agreement, both James Deiters and Betty Deiters would receive the same payment when James Deiters decided to retire from the company.
James Deiters recently retired from Jim’s Vending Corporation and received his payment, according to the complaint. Now, Betty Deiters is seeking her portion of the proceeds, the suit states.
In her complaint, Betty Deiters seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Bruce N. Cook of Cook, Ysursa, Barholomew, Brauer and Shevlin in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-219.
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors
- Daughter alleges father's death was a result of asbestos exposure
- Woman sues Sure Shine Auto Wash over alleged injuries
- Integrity Healthcare of Godfrey sued over wrongful death allegations
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances
- Governor, legislators roll out downsizing bills; Rauner: Downsizing, tax relief among budget keys