The co-owner of a St. Clair County vending company seeks the money she claims she is owed upon the retirement of the company’s other owner.
Betty Deiters filed a lawsuit April 25 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Jim’s Vending Corporation and James Deiters.
In her complaint, Betty Deiters alleges she and James Deiters, who both owned Jim’s Vending Corporation, entered into an agreement on May 15, 1989, regarding their retirement. According to the agreement, both James Deiters and Betty Deiters would receive the same payment when James Deiters decided to retire from the company.
James Deiters recently retired from Jim’s Vending Corporation and received his payment, according to the complaint. Now, Betty Deiters is seeking her portion of the proceeds, the suit states.
In her complaint, Betty Deiters seeks a judgment of more than $50,000, plus costs.
Bruce N. Cook of Cook, Ysursa, Barholomew, Brauer and Shevlin in Belleville will be representing her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 13-L-219.
- Couple alleges motorist negligent in collision
- Sanctions sought against asbestos lawyers for using John Crane as 'shill' to keep cases in Cook County
- AFP Illinois says tax reduction responsible for state's improved ranking in tax climate survey
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle