A laborer formerly employed at Odesco Industrial Services in South Roxana is suing on claims of retaliatory discharge.
According to a complaint filed May 2 in Madison County Circuit Court, Charles Seehausen, Jr. suffered a crushed right hand while loading pipe. Seehausen claims the incident happened on March 30, 2010, which was less than two weeks from the date he began working for Odesco.
He claims that after he was treated for the injury his employer began to harass him and subjected him to disparate treatment in retaliation for his filing workers’ compensation benefits.
The suit also states that on or about Dec. 1, 2010, Seehausen reported to his supervisor that he had slipped and fell, injuring his knee.
He claims he was terminated from employment on Dec. 3, 2010.
Seehausen seeks in excess of $50,000 in damages.
He is represented by Mark S. Schuyer of Mathis, Marifian & Richter or Belleville.
Madison County case number 13-L-687.
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9