A laborer formerly employed at Odesco Industrial Services in South Roxana is suing on claims of retaliatory discharge.
According to a complaint filed May 2 in Madison County Circuit Court, Charles Seehausen, Jr. suffered a crushed right hand while loading pipe. Seehausen claims the incident happened on March 30, 2010, which was less than two weeks from the date he began working for Odesco.
He claims that after he was treated for the injury his employer began to harass him and subjected him to disparate treatment in retaliation for his filing workers’ compensation benefits.
The suit also states that on or about Dec. 1, 2010, Seehausen reported to his supervisor that he had slipped and fell, injuring his knee.
He claims he was terminated from employment on Dec. 3, 2010.
Seehausen seeks in excess of $50,000 in damages.
He is represented by Mark S. Schuyer of Mathis, Marifian & Richter or Belleville.
Madison County case number 13-L-687.
- Belleville maritime worker blames SGS Petroleum for injuries on barge
- Motorist alleges another driver smashed into her vehicle
- Couple alleges doctor's botched surgery led to wife's injuries
- Motorist blames St. Clair County for vehicle collision that led to injuries
- Motorist blames another driver for injuries in Waterloo auto collision
- UPS granted summary judgment in dog bite case brought by driver
- Obama's General Assembly visit likely to be about budget impasse and legacy, supporter Coleman says
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors
- Daughter alleges father's death was a result of asbestos exposure
- Woman sues Sure Shine Auto Wash over alleged injuries