A laborer formerly employed at Odesco Industrial Services in South Roxana is suing on claims of retaliatory discharge.
According to a complaint filed May 2 in Madison County Circuit Court, Charles Seehausen, Jr. suffered a crushed right hand while loading pipe. Seehausen claims the incident happened on March 30, 2010, which was less than two weeks from the date he began working for Odesco.
He claims that after he was treated for the injury his employer began to harass him and subjected him to disparate treatment in retaliation for his filing workers’ compensation benefits.
The suit also states that on or about Dec. 1, 2010, Seehausen reported to his supervisor that he had slipped and fell, injuring his knee.
He claims he was terminated from employment on Dec. 3, 2010.
Seehausen seeks in excess of $50,000 in damages.
He is represented by Mark S. Schuyer of Mathis, Marifian & Richter or Belleville.
Madison County case number 13-L-687.
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident