A laborer formerly employed at Odesco Industrial Services in South Roxana is suing on claims of retaliatory discharge.
According to a complaint filed May 2 in Madison County Circuit Court, Charles Seehausen, Jr. suffered a crushed right hand while loading pipe. Seehausen claims the incident happened on March 30, 2010, which was less than two weeks from the date he began working for Odesco.
He claims that after he was treated for the injury his employer began to harass him and subjected him to disparate treatment in retaliation for his filing workers’ compensation benefits.
The suit also states that on or about Dec. 1, 2010, Seehausen reported to his supervisor that he had slipped and fell, injuring his knee.
He claims he was terminated from employment on Dec. 3, 2010.
Seehausen seeks in excess of $50,000 in damages.
He is represented by Mark S. Schuyer of Mathis, Marifian & Richter or Belleville.
Madison County case number 13-L-687.
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker