An East St. Louis man says he was hurt when he was rear-ended in a multi-car crash on I-55.
Larry McCoy filed a lawsuit Feb. 5 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Larry Dale Ripley, Sonya C. Murdock and Smith Trucking Inc.
McCoy says he was driving a Ford Econoline van north on Interstate 55 in April 2011. Murdock was driving a Cadillac Escalade in the lane next to McCoy but slightly behind him, according to the complaint. As the vehicles approached milepost 2 in East St. Louis, McCoy claims Ripley rear-ended Murdock's car, causing her to swerve into the other lane and crash into the back of McCoy's van. Ripley was allegedly working for Smith Trucking at the time of the crash.
McCoy accuses Ripley, Murdock and Smith Trucking of negligence and asks for more than $150,000 in damages for medical expense, loss of income and court fees. He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-64
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident