An East St. Louis man says he was hurt when he was rear-ended in a multi-car crash on I-55.
Larry McCoy filed a lawsuit Feb. 5 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Larry Dale Ripley, Sonya C. Murdock and Smith Trucking Inc.
McCoy says he was driving a Ford Econoline van north on Interstate 55 in April 2011. Murdock was driving a Cadillac Escalade in the lane next to McCoy but slightly behind him, according to the complaint. As the vehicles approached milepost 2 in East St. Louis, McCoy claims Ripley rear-ended Murdock's car, causing her to swerve into the other lane and crash into the back of McCoy's van. Ripley was allegedly working for Smith Trucking at the time of the crash.
McCoy accuses Ripley, Murdock and Smith Trucking of negligence and asks for more than $150,000 in damages for medical expense, loss of income and court fees. He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-64
- Biotech X-Ray sued over alleged injuries in Illinois 13 accident
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries