An East St. Louis man says he was hurt when he was rear-ended in a multi-car crash on I-55.
Larry McCoy filed a lawsuit Feb. 5 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Larry Dale Ripley, Sonya C. Murdock and Smith Trucking Inc.
McCoy says he was driving a Ford Econoline van north on Interstate 55 in April 2011. Murdock was driving a Cadillac Escalade in the lane next to McCoy but slightly behind him, according to the complaint. As the vehicles approached milepost 2 in East St. Louis, McCoy claims Ripley rear-ended Murdock's car, causing her to swerve into the other lane and crash into the back of McCoy's van. Ripley was allegedly working for Smith Trucking at the time of the crash.
McCoy accuses Ripley, Murdock and Smith Trucking of negligence and asks for more than $150,000 in damages for medical expense, loss of income and court fees. He is represented by attorney P.K. Johnson of Belleville.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-64
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker