The family of a deceased St. Clair County woman says dermatologists failed to treat her skin cancer properly.
Joe Kassly, as special administrator of the estate of Sharon Kassly, filed a lawsuit Jan. 31 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Gregory & Associates Dermatology Ltd.
Sharon Kassly was a patient of Gregory and Associates Dermatology in March 2011, according to the complaint. Joe Kassly says Sharon was being treated for merkel cell carcinoma, a form of skin cancer, on her head and neck.
In August, Sharon Kassly died from a recurrence of the rare and aggressive cancer, the petition says. Kassly's family claims Gregory & Associates failed to notify Sharon of available treatment, other than radiation, to combat the disease.
Joe Kassly accuses the dermatology practice of negligence and wrongful death. He asks for more than $50,000 in damages in addition to court fees. Attorney Joseph A. Bartholomew, of Belleville, represents him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-57
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker