The family of a deceased St. Clair County woman says dermatologists failed to treat her skin cancer properly.
Joe Kassly, as special administrator of the estate of Sharon Kassly, filed a lawsuit Jan. 31 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Gregory & Associates Dermatology Ltd.
Sharon Kassly was a patient of Gregory and Associates Dermatology in March 2011, according to the complaint. Joe Kassly says Sharon was being treated for merkel cell carcinoma, a form of skin cancer, on her head and neck.
In August, Sharon Kassly died from a recurrence of the rare and aggressive cancer, the petition says. Kassly's family claims Gregory & Associates failed to notify Sharon of available treatment, other than radiation, to combat the disease.
Joe Kassly accuses the dermatology practice of negligence and wrongful death. He asks for more than $50,000 in damages in addition to court fees. Attorney Joseph A. Bartholomew, of Belleville, represents him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-57
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident