The family of a deceased St. Clair County woman says dermatologists failed to treat her skin cancer properly.
Joe Kassly, as special administrator of the estate of Sharon Kassly, filed a lawsuit Jan. 31 in St. Clair County Circuit Court against Gregory & Associates Dermatology Ltd.
Sharon Kassly was a patient of Gregory and Associates Dermatology in March 2011, according to the complaint. Joe Kassly says Sharon was being treated for merkel cell carcinoma, a form of skin cancer, on her head and neck.
In August, Sharon Kassly died from a recurrence of the rare and aggressive cancer, the petition says. Kassly's family claims Gregory & Associates failed to notify Sharon of available treatment, other than radiation, to combat the disease.
Joe Kassly accuses the dermatology practice of negligence and wrongful death. He asks for more than $50,000 in damages in addition to court fees. Attorney Joseph A. Bartholomew, of Belleville, represents him.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-57
- Obama's General Assembly visit likely to be about budget impasse and legacy, supporter Coleman says
- Man alleges condition was misdiagnosed, sues doctors
- Daughter alleges father's death was a result of asbestos exposure
- Woman sues Sure Shine Auto Wash over alleged injuries
- Integrity Healthcare of Godfrey sued over wrongful death allegations
- Man injured when defendant drives into oncoming traffic, suit states
- Missouri couple sues over alleged injuries after accident on North Illinois Street
- Allegedly injured in well explosion, driver seeks damages from five defendants
- Negligence, wrongful death among counts against Anderson Hospital and physician
- State rep calls for investigation into Mautino's campaign finances