A New Athens mother is suing the owner of dogs she claims viciously attacked her daughter.
Bobbie Mann-Spiller, as mother and next friend of Morgan Mann, filed a lawsuit against Dallas Hill on Feb. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Morgan Mann is an 8-year-old girl who lives with her mom, Bobbie Mann-Spiller, in New Athens, according to the complaint. On Jan. 10, the child was allegedly walking on a public street in her grandfather's neighborhood, also in New Athens.
As the 8-year-old walked in front of Hill's home, Mann-Spiller contends the defendant's two German Shepherds, "without provocation, viciously attached and bit" her daughter.
Mann-Spiller says the child was seriously injured by Hill's dogs. She is asking to be awarded more than $75,000 to compensate for medical expenses, permanent pain, mental anguish and disfigurement.
Attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr., of Belleville, is representing Mann-Spiller and her daughter.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-77
- Prenzler says he will run for Madison County Board Chairman; Proposes 10 percent reduction in property tax levy
- Belleville's city clerk announces bid for circuit clerk seat
- Illinois’s mass exodus: New IRS data shows significance of outmigration
- Madison County invests $1.6 million in Granite City school bonds; News comes after US Steel says it may shutter plant
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men