A New Athens mother is suing the owner of dogs she claims viciously attacked her daughter.
Bobbie Mann-Spiller, as mother and next friend of Morgan Mann, filed a lawsuit against Dallas Hill on Feb. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Morgan Mann is an 8-year-old girl who lives with her mom, Bobbie Mann-Spiller, in New Athens, according to the complaint. On Jan. 10, the child was allegedly walking on a public street in her grandfather's neighborhood, also in New Athens.
As the 8-year-old walked in front of Hill's home, Mann-Spiller contends the defendant's two German Shepherds, "without provocation, viciously attached and bit" her daughter.
Mann-Spiller says the child was seriously injured by Hill's dogs. She is asking to be awarded more than $75,000 to compensate for medical expenses, permanent pain, mental anguish and disfigurement.
Attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr., of Belleville, is representing Mann-Spiller and her daughter.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-77
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances
- Father alleges Atrium Health Care mishandled daughter's medical condition
- Family blames Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for relative's wrongful death
- Illinois couple blames McBride, Lock for data breach
- Madison County motorist blames another driver for collision, injuries
- Customer blames Jack in the Box for injuries at restaurant
- Missouri couple blames motorist for collision, husband's injuries
- Illinois’ incredible, shrinking business establishments
- Rauner to Dems: Work with me or pass tax hike
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90