A New Athens mother is suing the owner of dogs she claims viciously attacked her daughter.
Bobbie Mann-Spiller, as mother and next friend of Morgan Mann, filed a lawsuit against Dallas Hill on Feb. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Morgan Mann is an 8-year-old girl who lives with her mom, Bobbie Mann-Spiller, in New Athens, according to the complaint. On Jan. 10, the child was allegedly walking on a public street in her grandfather's neighborhood, also in New Athens.
As the 8-year-old walked in front of Hill's home, Mann-Spiller contends the defendant's two German Shepherds, "without provocation, viciously attached and bit" her daughter.
Mann-Spiller says the child was seriously injured by Hill's dogs. She is asking to be awarded more than $75,000 to compensate for medical expenses, permanent pain, mental anguish and disfigurement.
Attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr., of Belleville, is representing Mann-Spiller and her daughter.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-77
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker