A New Athens mother is suing the owner of dogs she claims viciously attacked her daughter.
Bobbie Mann-Spiller, as mother and next friend of Morgan Mann, filed a lawsuit against Dallas Hill on Feb. 13 in St. Clair County Circuit Court.
Morgan Mann is an 8-year-old girl who lives with her mom, Bobbie Mann-Spiller, in New Athens, according to the complaint. On Jan. 10, the child was allegedly walking on a public street in her grandfather's neighborhood, also in New Athens.
As the 8-year-old walked in front of Hill's home, Mann-Spiller contends the defendant's two German Shepherds, "without provocation, viciously attached and bit" her daughter.
Mann-Spiller says the child was seriously injured by Hill's dogs. She is asking to be awarded more than $75,000 to compensate for medical expenses, permanent pain, mental anguish and disfigurement.
Attorney Thomas Q. Keefe, Jr., of Belleville, is representing Mann-Spiller and her daughter.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-77
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident