A Belleville woman is suing St. Clair County after she allegedly fell out of a courtroom seat and injured her neck.
Mary Kelley filed a lawsuit in St. Clair County Circuit Court Feb. 13 against the St. Clair County Public Building Commission and St. Clair County.
Kelley says she was in Courtroom 404 for jury selection in March 2012. When she attempted to sit down in one of the courtroom seats, Kelley claims it collapsed, causing her to fall to the floor and hurt her neck and back. Kelley accuses St. Clair County and the Public Building Commission of negligence for allegedly failing to properly maintain the furniture in the courthouse.
Kelley asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income plus court costs. Attorney Kirk A. Caponi, of Belleville, represents her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-78
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Alleged misdiagnosis, leg amputation leads to negligence suit against medical center
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident