A Belleville woman is suing St. Clair County after she allegedly fell out of a courtroom seat and injured her neck.
Mary Kelley filed a lawsuit in St. Clair County Circuit Court Feb. 13 against the St. Clair County Public Building Commission and St. Clair County.
Kelley says she was in Courtroom 404 for jury selection in March 2012. When she attempted to sit down in one of the courtroom seats, Kelley claims it collapsed, causing her to fall to the floor and hurt her neck and back. Kelley accuses St. Clair County and the Public Building Commission of negligence for allegedly failing to properly maintain the furniture in the courthouse.
Kelley asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical expenses, loss of income plus court costs. Attorney Kirk A. Caponi, of Belleville, represents her.
St. Clair County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-78
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker