A Collinsville horse race track is being sued by a visitor who says he slipped on a wet floor there.
Marquis Brown filed a lawsuit against Fairmount Park Inc. Feb. 15 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Brown claims that his back, neck and knee were hurt in the fall. He is asking for more than $50,000 in damages for medical bills, lost wages and court fees.
Brown is represented by attorney Blake G. Meinders of Belleville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-237
- Renewable energy advocates continue push for Clean Jobs Bill; Big provider wants low-emission nuclear in discussion
- Hylla upheld by appellate court reviewing auto accident trial; Plaintiffs wanted new trial on damages and loss of consortium
- Rauner tries to crank up the pressure; Democrats say he’s peddling old material
- Family Violence Councils in Madison, St. Clair counties work to stop domestic violence
- McCarter announces bid for Congress; Will take on Shimkus in GOP primary
- Let’s let Boys ... become Men
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Oct. 14
- Five things to know about Illinois’ sustainable municipal pension fund
- Hale attorneys must produce communications back to '05; State Farm seeks info for statute of limitations argument
- I-LAW's true motive: Profits before people