A Collinsville horse race track is being sued by a visitor who says he slipped on a wet floor there.
Marquis Brown filed a lawsuit against Fairmount Park Inc. Feb. 15 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Brown claims that his back, neck and knee were hurt in the fall. He is asking for more than $50,000 in damages for medical bills, lost wages and court fees.
Brown is represented by attorney Blake G. Meinders of Belleville.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-237
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries
- Daughter blames Gateway Regional Medical, doctor for mother's death
- Parents blame Norfolk Southern Railway for son's death
- Letter supporting Sen. Kirk's call for DOJ to pursue Backpage.com
- Obama calls for building better politics; GOP focuses on his remarks on redistricting
- Rauner’s lawsuit reforms will create jobs in Illinois
- Legal immigration under certain circumstances