A Highland beauty salon is accused of negligence after an elderly customer allegedly fell while trying to sit in a barber chair.
Patricia Price filed a lawsuit against Kim Ackerman and Creative Image Feb. 20 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Price was a customer of Creative Image on Cherry Lane in April 2012. Price says she was using her walker and being helped by Ackerman to move from one chair to another. The customer alleges the second chair wasn't locked in place at the time and spun, causing her to fall and hurt her left ankle.
Price accuses Creative Image and Ackerman of negligence. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills and court costs. Attorney John H. Hustava of Collinsville represents Price.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-263
- County Coroner Rick Stone announces plans to retire
- Local leaders want voters to decide whether to dissolve debt-ridden CARD
- Local business owners discuss workers’ comp concerns with Gov. Rauner
- The kingdom of Madison County
- St. Clair County woman sues bowling alley following slip and fall
- Permanent grief claims in trooper widow's wrongful death case open door to discovery
- Madison County case filings expected to level out
- State grants to CUB under Quinn are examples of 'mis-prioritization' of spending, lawmaker says
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Oct. 5-9
- Madison County civil docket Oct. 5-9