A Highland beauty salon is accused of negligence after an elderly customer allegedly fell while trying to sit in a barber chair.
Patricia Price filed a lawsuit against Kim Ackerman and Creative Image Feb. 20 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Price was a customer of Creative Image on Cherry Lane in April 2012. Price says she was using her walker and being helped by Ackerman to move from one chair to another. The customer alleges the second chair wasn't locked in place at the time and spun, causing her to fall and hurt her left ankle.
Price accuses Creative Image and Ackerman of negligence. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills and court costs. Attorney John H. Hustava of Collinsville represents Price.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-263
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident