A Highland beauty salon is accused of negligence after an elderly customer allegedly fell while trying to sit in a barber chair.
Patricia Price filed a lawsuit against Kim Ackerman and Creative Image Feb. 20 in Madison County Circuit Court.
According to the complaint, Price was a customer of Creative Image on Cherry Lane in April 2012. Price says she was using her walker and being helped by Ackerman to move from one chair to another. The customer alleges the second chair wasn't locked in place at the time and spun, causing her to fall and hurt her left ankle.
Price accuses Creative Image and Ackerman of negligence. She asks for more than $100,000 in damages for medical bills and court costs. Attorney John H. Hustava of Collinsville represents Price.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-263
- Biotech X-Ray sued over alleged injuries in Illinois 13 accident
- Mother blames East St. Louis schools for daughter's fall
- Former worker alleges Dollar General fired her for pregnancy
- Kentucky firm alleges Interstate Farm failed to pay for purchases
- Widow alleges asbestos exposure caused husband's premature death
- Customer alleges Autoplex changed terms of contract after it was signed
- Brawl over bargaining bill resumes; With no AFSCME contract, stakes are high
- Motorist blames El Greco pizza driver for her injuries
- Wood River customer blames Captain D's for fall, injuries
- Motorist alleges another driver's negligence caused accident, injuries