A Madison County woman says she was rear-ended two times by an alleged drunk driver in Godfrey.
Sheila Alexander filed a lawsuit Feb. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Lyndle L. Pyatt.
Alexander says she was driving a Ford Escort south on Godfrey Road in June 2012. As she approached the intersection of W. Homer Adams Parkway Alexander claims she was hit from behind by a Pontiac Solstice being driven by Pyatt.
According to the complaint, a Madison County Sheriff's deputy arrived at the scene of the crash and asked both drivers to move their cars to clear the lane of traffic. However, as she began to move her car Alexander alleges Pyatt crashed into the back of her car again. Pyatt was then arrested for allegedly driving under the influence.
Alexander accuses Pyatt of negligence and wilful and wanton conduct. She asks for more than $200,000 in damages for medical expenses, lost wages and court fees.
Attorney Erin M. Phillips of Wood River represents Alexander.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-162
- Father says medical center, doctor failed to aid his abused daughter
- Estate administrator seeks compensation from health care providers
- Car passenger blames driver, Kilian Corp. for accident that caused injuries
- St. Clair County woman blames Golden State Foods for injuries at McDonald's
- Patient claims misdiagnosed infection led to amputation
- Parents blame driver for injuries daughter suffered in accident
- Five auto passengers seek damages from motorist who allegedly drove into their vehicle
- Wigginton plans to step down next month, will move into private practice in St. Louis
- Couple blames motorist for causing head-on vehicle collision
- Motorist blames another driver for chain-reaction accident