A Madison County woman says she was rear-ended two times by an alleged drunk driver in Godfrey.
Sheila Alexander filed a lawsuit Feb. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Lyndle L. Pyatt.
Alexander says she was driving a Ford Escort south on Godfrey Road in June 2012. As she approached the intersection of W. Homer Adams Parkway Alexander claims she was hit from behind by a Pontiac Solstice being driven by Pyatt.
According to the complaint, a Madison County Sheriff's deputy arrived at the scene of the crash and asked both drivers to move their cars to clear the lane of traffic. However, as she began to move her car Alexander alleges Pyatt crashed into the back of her car again. Pyatt was then arrested for allegedly driving under the influence.
Alexander accuses Pyatt of negligence and wilful and wanton conduct. She asks for more than $200,000 in damages for medical expenses, lost wages and court fees.
Attorney Erin M. Phillips of Wood River represents Alexander.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-162
- Retired federal judge Stiehl passes away at age 90
- Why Indiana's population grows faster than Illinois'
- Former judge Murphy sues insurer to force payment for suspicious fire
- Motorist blames two drivers for injuries in chain reaction collision
- Belleville attorney alleges legal malpractice suit barred by statute of limitations
- Flooring companies seek to dismiss man’s lawsuit alleging chemical exposures caused Parkinson’s disease
- Wal-Mart removes customer’s suit alleging injuries from automatic doors
- Belleclair Fairgrounds Park denies liability in man’s suit alleging collapsed chair
- Collinsville attorney and adoption agency deny liability in botched adoption
- Injured customer blames Walmart for slippery floor