A Madison County woman says she was rear-ended two times by an alleged drunk driver in Godfrey.
Sheila Alexander filed a lawsuit Feb. 1 in Madison County Circuit Court against Lyndle L. Pyatt.
Alexander says she was driving a Ford Escort south on Godfrey Road in June 2012. As she approached the intersection of W. Homer Adams Parkway Alexander claims she was hit from behind by a Pontiac Solstice being driven by Pyatt.
According to the complaint, a Madison County Sheriff's deputy arrived at the scene of the crash and asked both drivers to move their cars to clear the lane of traffic. However, as she began to move her car Alexander alleges Pyatt crashed into the back of her car again. Pyatt was then arrested for allegedly driving under the influence.
Alexander accuses Pyatt of negligence and wilful and wanton conduct. She asks for more than $200,000 in damages for medical expenses, lost wages and court fees.
Attorney Erin M. Phillips of Wood River represents Alexander.
Madison County Circuit Court Case No. 13-L-162
- St. Clair County real estate May 28-June 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures June 3-8
- Madison County real estate May 28-June 2
- Madison County foreclosures June 4-11
- Madison County Civil Docket: 6/22 - 6/26/2015
- Madison County Asbestos Motion Docket: 6/26/2015
- Court: Comcast must disclose ID of commenter accused of calling politician ‘Sandusky waiting to be exposed’
- MCBA and Granite City attorney recognized for pro bono work
- Illinois CUB fails to provide accurate info on Clean Jobs Bill, economic development consultant says
- Rauner ad campaign begins; House-approved work comp proposal 'so bad' says Republican lawmaker