St. Clair County Circuit Judge Vincent Lopinot on Feb. 13 dismissed a woman’s personal injury lawsuit against the driver of a Mustang who allegedly backed into her as she walked through a parking lot.
Dorothy Prather filed a lawsuit in 2011 against Donald Birkner, alleging Birkner backed into her with his 1998 Ford Mustang as she walked through the parking lot at 10 Southgate Court in Freeburg on Oct. 28, 2011.
In his defense, Birkner claimed Prather did not use caution for her safety and failed to keep a lookout and failed to avoid his vehicle.
Because of the collision, Prather claims she became sick and disabled and incurred medical costs and lost wages.
Prather sought more than $50,000.
David C. Nelson of Nelson & Nelson in Belleville represented Prather.
Martin K. Morrissey represented Birkner.
St. Clair County Circuit Court case number: 11-L-645.
- Funding shortfalls for higher ed have more to do with bloated pensions and admin costs, not budget, report says
- Madison County civil docket Feb. 16-19
- Madison County asbestos motion docket Feb. 16-19
- Madison County asbestos jury docket Feb. 16-18
- St. Clair County real estate Jan. 29-Feb. 3
- St. Clair County foreclosures Jan. 19-Feb. 1
- Madison County foreclosures Jan. 29-Feb. 5
- Madison County real estate Jan. 27-Feb. 2
- Yahoo class action alleging email privacy invasion settled; Callis had served as plaintiff co-counsel
- Yandle bankruptcy exemption for valuable Book of Mormon bible upheld at Seventh Circuit